Amplify Photo invites documentary photographers based in India to submit proposals for Amplify’s inaugural grant. Two grants of 50,000 INR each will be awarded to photographers to develop their existing projects further. The selected storytellers will get a chance to work with veterans of the industry for publication and editorial support.
- To make larger or greater (as in amount, importance, or intensity)
- To increase the strength or amount of especially: to make louder
Amplify was born out of the idea to dismantle India’s predominantly upper caste, privileged male eye through which the country’s story has been told for ages. Amplify wants to provide marginalized storytellers with the resources to be the authors of their stories and not just be on the sidelines. The grants were made possible due to the generosity of people who donated to the founder’s fundraiser.
- Anyone identifying outside the normative of male and female.
- Women- regardless of class, caste, religion, orientation, or identity.
- Men from marginalized groups.
The Jury comprises of Vidisha-Fadescha, Deepti Asthana, Shweta Gulati, and Sudharak Olwe.
Deadline: 20th January, 2021 | To know more and submit your application, click here.